Sunday, March 2, 2014

 

Feb 24 (6 days ago)
 
T.I.A. This Is Africa

  
Hey Everyone!
  Tuesday was way fun! I was on exchanges with Elder Steele in his area. We have become best friends ever since he came into my district. It was fun to be his companion for the day but we had no male fellowshipper for most the day so we had 4 dropped appointments. That day we were poor so we ate some fat cakes (Scones) they cost like 25 cents and they fill you up but they are super unhealthy. I've decided that mission destroys my body. I'm not rich enough to eat well and don't have the time to cook good food. I'm glad that the Lord takes care of his servants. Anyways..so we ate 2 huge fat cakes and that filled us up. The fat cakes were bigger than both my fists put together. Than we went to a members house and she fed us these huge home made rolls...I took like 20 minutes to eat 2 rolls. At least they were home made. So I had like 2 lbs. of dough in my belly and oh it sucked!   
  On Wednesday we had to pick up the Zone Leaders from the Airport at 3:30 PM. So we got to the area really late and I think we taught 1 lesson. It was a long day. I hate not doing anything.  
   Thursday was pretty good. We taught 2 lessons! We had 2 dropped appointments and it was raining hard after our 5:00 PM appointment. Our investigator Siphoxolo is way cool and let us stay until 7:00 PM . We watched the Restoration video with him and his mom.
  Friday was awesome! Elder Richard J. Maynes of the Presidency of the Seventy trained us missionaries! That was a powerful training. He taught us about having a culture of high expectations and how we can be more connected with our purpose as missionaries. It was a good 3 1/2 hour training! I never got bored nor sleepy! Since the training was so long we didn't have a chance to go to the area.
  Next monday, If I can work it out, we might go to an elephant park where we can ride a elephant! It will cost like $45 but that is totally worth it! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it would be so awesome if I rode an Elephant. Only in Africa right? :)
  Everything is going well! This is my last week of training and I think I'm staying here in MD. I'm excited to have a new companion and move on in my mission!  
   Oh by the way, the Wheelers are trying to set Cam Stratton and I as companions in Port Alfred. Port Alfred is where the wheelers are serving! Hopefully it happens! That would be the time of my life!
   I'll send some pictures! Thanks for all the love and support! I love you all and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Austin Prisbrey

No comments:

Post a Comment