Sunday, March 23, 2014


 
10th March 2014

Thank goodness I am done with Training! I have spread my wings and I am no longer a greenie!
Last Monday we went bowling, and I'm ashamed to say that I bowled a 77. No comment, but today I bowled a 111. I truly am the blind squirrel!
Wednesday-We had to wake up at 5:30 AM and drive Elder Olyabo and Cowley to the airport. I was dead tired! So for a while it was just me and Elder Steele which was nice cause we are good friends! We cleaned up the boarding for a bit so that the new elders would have a clean place to stay. My new companion is Elder Sombke from Virginia though he has lived in Ethiopia and Bosnia and Egypt! 
 
 I have been the senior companion and showing Elder Sombke around the area, introducing him to members and letting him get used to the area. The teaching is slow because of transfers, but this next week is going to be really busy!
Mdantsane 3rd ward has lots of less actives and so we are working with the members to do their home teaching and just to reach out to their friends to do missionary work! We got a list of like 130 prospective Elders that aren't ordained yet.
 
Sunday was nice. We were able to teach 2 lessons. One to Buncwane and Rooibos and the other to Lulama. Buncwane and Rooibos are like eternal investigators. They have been taught by the missionaries for 2 years! Lulama is just a golden investigator and understands everything we tell her and she reads everything we tell her too! She accepted the invitation to be baptized and the only thing keeping her from baptism is going to church! We are working on that with her.  Love you all!
Love,
Elder Prisbrey

No comments:

Post a Comment