Friday, February 7, 2014

3 February 2014

     I have heard about that talk about the three pillars of eternity. Two weeks ago I started a deep study of the Book of Mormon. I just finished studying chapter 2! I look up every footnote (excluding Topical Guide footnotes) and I write notes in the margins. I will send a pic next week of what it looks like. It is amazing though! I read the verse about 5 times. Ask myself questions, mark the scriptures according to my way of marking, then look up every footnote. I spent 5 minutes on 1 Nehpi 2:16. Look that up!! You will laugh at me I'm sure:) I love the Book of Mormon. It is translated correctly and is essential to my salvation so I want to treasure up the Book of Mormon all I can! I also just read it and I am in Alma 24 I believe. Look up the talk "His Grace is Sufficient" By Brad Wilcox. That is THE best talk I have heard on the atonement. Please, listen to it with dad. It is found on BYU speeches website.
     I am also trying to eat healthy! It is important, especially on mission. Being on a mission is bad for the physical body. You rarely have time to eat nice and take care of it. Thankfully the Lord provides and makes all the difference. I am sore from working out and also tired!
     I do remember that quote* that was on the fridge! I can picture it in my minds eye as I type. That is great. Find a Preach My Gospel. In chapter 6 it talks about Christ-Like attributes and at the end of the chapter, you can take a quiz that will let you know where you are at.
     My favorite scripture(s) of the week is Sections 76 and 77 of the Doctrine and Covenants. 76 talks about the Kingdoms of Glory and lots of good stuff. 77 is significantly shorter and explains some of the symbolism used in the book of Revelations.
     I rarely get to play the piano. Hopefully some time on my mission I will get the chance. I just sent you and both grandparents letters (cards) and in the letter to G. Ashdown, I told her I missed playing the piano for her!
Love you!
Elder Prisbrey
 
*QUOTE by Marvin J. Ashton*

“Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment